What is Multimedia Localization?
From global promotional videos to an e-learning program for international training, localization is the key to effectively reaching a target audience. There are many factors that will determine how a multimedia localization project should be carried out and with numerous variables such as audio, video, timing, synchronization, and voice-over versus dubbing, the task can seem quite daunting.
In order to help demystify this process, Amberken has provided a list of how to localize your multimedia projects.
Graphic designs and text
The process of Multimedia Localization
Multimedia localization is a complex process, with multiple activities and resources needing to be coordinated to deliver a finished, fully integrated localized piece of multimedia content. While the steps of multimedia localization will vary depending on the project it can often be split into 5 steps.
- The original text and audio will be transcribed in the original language. This should include everything from scripts to on-screen text.
- The multimedia then needs to be broken down, allowing the different members of the team to start working on the localizing the content and recording where it will need to go in the sequence at the final stage.
- The content of the multimedia will then be translated. This will include taking the target culture into consideration, for instance changing certain phrases and nuances.
- Depending on how you want the final project to look at this step could include completing voice-over audio, subtitling, or another process to make the content accessible.
- Finally, the finishing touches of the project will be added in the post-production phases before being rendered and handed back to you ready to use.
Amberken is your most cost-effective Chinese multimedia localization partner.
- We listen to the audio files before we begin to ensure we can give you reliable translations, to the high standard our clients have come to expect, within your deadlines.
- ‘Just an audio translation’ is not in Amberken’s vocabulary. The translators we use and our quality-control processes are just the same as for our written translation services.
- Amberken has over several years’ experience in a number of key sectors but we’ll never charge you extra for them. Our specialist sector knowledge, translators and in-house checks are all part of our value-added service.